Early School Leaving
Earsmus+ Course overview
For a young person, leaving school early can bring real risks and socio-economic disadvantages for his/her future. Our Early School Leaving (ESL) course aims to provide opportunity for discussions and ideas for prevention and strategies to deal with it at a classroom level. You will get a hands-on experience with how to identify students at risk and how to motivate them with innovative teaching methodologies that better respond to diverse needs of young learners today.
The course is based on “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities.
The content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules by several tutors.
You will share your experiences and ideas on ESL within an international group setting and learn to build
an effective, collaborative learning environment for any subject or level.
- Module 01 – Practices, approaches and school strategies across Europe
- Module 02 – Identification and coping with students at risk
- Module 03 – Communication strategies for conflict prevention
- Module 04 – Innovative teaching methods: Task Based Learning, Peer Education, Creative Thinking
- Module 05 – Collaborative teaching methods: Cross Curricular Projects, Project Based Learning,
Active and Cooperative teaching
- Module 06 – Student assessment
- Module 07 – Mindfulness, emotional and social learning
- Module 08 – Multiculturalism and learners from different socioeconomic background
- Module 09 – Effective use of ICT
- Module 10 – Project workshop
Guided City Tour
• Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous classrooms and communities, deal with increased diversity of learners, support inclusion of various minorities into mainstream education.
• Learn to motivate, guide and effectively assess students at risk of ESL, reduce low achievement in basic competences, promote peer exchange and active participation within educational environment
• Generate ready‐to‐use materials and examples of good practice to support school or organisational development in the field of ESL through work-based or project based innovative pedagogies.
• Promote universal access to education with regards to non-discriminatory, democratic values, support open learning environment and develop digital literacy by using ICT effectively.
• Gain broader understanding of strategies and systems dealing with ESL in different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
• Support continual professional development, revise and develop key competences, build confidence
in promoting active pedagogies that are responsive to social and cultural diversity and needs.
• Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange the ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
• Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity
Pre-register for Európa 2000 Szakképző Iskola Courses:
Please fill in your contact information and select course for which you want to apply.
We will provide you with more information as soon as possible!
700 Euro For 2 Weeks Courses